ARC Apply/Extension/Lost/Damaged  

Foreigners holding resident visa or changing to resident visa should go to local immigration service center to apply for alien resident certificates within 15 days counted from the next day of arrival or the next day of receiving resident visa in Taiwan. (Otherwise, the penalty will be NT$2,000-10,000.):

  1.  An application form & 1 photos
  2. Passport and resident visa (original and photocopy) 。
  3.  Proof of registration and class schedule from an approved university language center。
  4. Residence address:proof of new address(such as a new lease, a new household registration, etc.)。
  5. Operation Fee: International NT$1000/Overseas Chinese students: NT$500。

※Aliens who have changed their residence address or employer (or working place) shall register the change with related documents at the local immigration service center within 15 days.(Otherwise, the penalty will be NT$2,000-10,000.).

▋National Health Insurance

According to National Health Insurance Act, any foreigner staying in Taiwan over six months is obligated to underwrite an insurance policy under NHI.

Dual Degree Students who are only holding Mainland China, Hong Kong or Macau passport will not be applicable to NHI system. Please refer to Relevant Information for New Degree Students for Insurance.

For more information: National Health Insurance

▋Medical insurance claims

  1. An application
  2. Receipt
  3. Diagnosis of proof
  4. Photocopy of ARC
  5. Photocopy of account

▋Work permit 

International students who wish to work in Taiwan ( either on campus or off campus ) are required to apply for and obtain a work permit before starting work. Please note that if you hold a job without applying for a work permit, you may be fined TWD 30,000 to TWD 150,000 !

  1. Scan file
    • Photocopy of valid passport
    • Student card
    • ARC
    • Cold proof
  2. payment
  3. Online application

▋Internship and Employment in Taiwan after graduating


As many graduates want to obtain internships in here in Taiwan, Taiwan’s Ministry of Education ( MOE ) has announced new regulations for those who wish to extend their ARC for internship opportunities:

“ Operation Directions Governing Applications from Overseas Chinese Students, Students from Hong Kong and Macao, and International Students for Internships after Graduating from University / College in Taiwan ”


1.    The Ministry of Labor initiated a new point system for evaluating Overseas Chinese and foreign graduates who desire to remain in Taiwan and seek employment. All Overseas Chinese, Hong Kong and foreign students who desire to seek employment after graduating from a University in Taiwan (including students graduating this year) will be evaluated via a point system which assigns a certain number of points to the applicant per the qualifications of Overseas Chinese and foreign students as well as the criteria set for employers. The items in the point system include academic records, salary levels, work experience, job qualifications, Chinese language and other foreign language abilities as well as growth experience. In addition, the student must accommodate the eight items on the government’s industrial development policy and will be awarded points accordingly. The student applicant must accrue at least 70 points, fall within the set quota and be able to provide a valid work permit. The applicant quota for the first year of this new system is 2,000.

2.    Employers that are applying with the Ministry of Labor for approval to hire Overseas Chinese or foreign graduates must provide the candidate’s completed self-evaluation form as well as any relevant documents, such as graduation certificates and/or diplomas, labor agreements, curriculum vitae and certificates for foreign language abilities. Further details about the items in the point system and the required documents for application can be found in the attachment below. For more detailed information, please check out the Ministry of Labor’s website and go to the special section for “Overseas Chinese and Foreign Graduates of Universities in Taiwan”. Their contact information is as follows: (02)2380-1712 or (02)2380-1725.